Our vision is human consciousness transformed to higher, wider, and deeper ways of being, embodied in self, shared in community, and connected to the planet.
Our mission is to create and honor transformative encounters of human consciousness, freeing people to be instruments of healing peaceful change in the world. To foster a wide range of experiential encounters from vocational to psychological to spiritual to social.
- Compassion: We aspire to relieve suffering through open-hearted and wise action.
- Integrity: We commit to be consistently equitable, trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Curiosity: We explore with a sense of humility and courage, embracing the innovation and creativity that comes out of the unknown.
- Inclusion: In intention and action, we embrace diverse perspectives and backgrounds that enrich our knowledge and broaden our community.
- Excellence: We seek to reach our highest potential in all that we do through rigor and reflection.
Contemplative Interbeing is an organization whose purpose is to strengthen, inform, and transform community relationships by providing a forum of resources, services, and partnerships for individuals and organizations. Contemplative Interbeing offers a wide-range of experiential encounters. We honor the opportunities for others to encounter life in all its fullness and discover the miracles of love. Contemplative Interbeing through experiential encounters offers a path that preserves peace, hope, love, joy, and well-being in the collective body and consciousness of family, society and the Earth. Contemplative Interbeing empowers people to explore personal transformation, encounter an enriched and meaningful life, discover life in all its abundance, and awaken to a fuller kind of humanity.
The Perennial Tradition encompasses the recurring themes in all of the world’s religions and philosophies that continue to say:
There is a Divine Reality underneath and inherent in the world of things,
There is in the human soul a natural capacity, similarity, and longing for this Divine Reality, and
The final goal of existence is union with this Divine Reality.
- Love is the nature of Reality. Love is the nature of Being. Love is who you are.
- People are more important than ideas.
- Facts are more important than ideas (e.g. fact, 2/3 of the world is starving).
- Therefore the bottom is to be sought not the top.
- The love of power is the primary demon.
- Purity is not just an illusion, but an entirely false goal.
- Bridges are more important than boundaries.
- Both/And – Symptoms and causes require our response.
- Responding to symptoms without responding to causes perpetuates causes.
- Responding to causes without responding to symptoms is victimization.
Awakened wisdom of the heart participating in compassion and peace with All.
Love-Infused Wisdom Consciously Participating in Our Divine Unity